Thursday, April 12, 2007

Great News!

Hello everyone, hope you are all doing well.

I wanted to put up a quick post to let everyone know the latest news. I spoke with a nurse today regarding my pathology report. We'll meet with Dr. Walker on Monday, but she provided me some information.

The short story is the lymph nodes are negative and the tumor is HER2/neu negative as well. Both of these things mean less treatment and are the news that we were hoping for. I know we had mentioned some individual tumor cells in one of the Sentinel Nodes, but for some reason those don't count here - again more detail to follow. Overall, the results from the pathology make me Stage 1. There's not much more you can ask for.

After we meet with the doctor I'll provide more detail for those of you that have done too much reading - like I have.

As far as recovery from the surgery, each day is getting better. I had three of the four drains removed on Wednesday and hope to get the last one out tomorrow.

Sorry for the short post - I'll be back tomorrow.

10 comments:

Nancy & John said...

Wonderful news, Sandy!! Can't get much better than that! Our prayers must be working. Hope your recovery is going as well as it seems to be. Love to you all,
John & Nancy

Dad said...

Sandy's comment to me yesterday was the only news that could be better is if none of this cr.. had happened. True enough, but clearly some very good news.
Have a good time at play group this morning. I could see Olivia's smile through the phone when she told me Mom was going along to play group.

Love you, Dad

Aunt Joan said...

HOT DAMN!!!

Carla/Tom Schell said...

YIPPEE!!! What great news Sandy!!

All our love,
Carla and Tom

Unknown said...

Sandy. Happy to hear news on results are good. I am quite sure the comments from the doctor will be extremely positive. All the best. Adalber

Linda and Rich said...

Sandy, it's great to hear this wonderful news!! Thank you for taking the time to update us here -- you're amazing! Keep that smile going and know we're all rooting for you. Love, Linda and Rich

Unknown said...

Sandy,
I'm truly thrilled to hear the news. Prayers can be very powerful! Keep up those 'pre' exercises! ;)
Terri

Pam Roble said...

I know how hard it is waiting for those results, and then when you get good news, relief doesn't even begin to express what you feel!!! I'm so happy for you!! See you at the walk on May 5th.
Pam

k&d said...

The above nine comments say it all. HUGS AND KISSES Karen

Jacki and Steve said...

Sandy, I am so happy for you and by the way your hair looks terrific!