Saturday, April 7, 2007

A Few Less Tubes

Today the I.V. fluids were discontinued and I am now allowed to use the bathroom like a normal person. I have been up for two walks and feel more steady today. The nurse has me wearing a sling on my left arm during walks because of the lymph node removal. This helps to prevent fluid build-up in the arm and also encourages sympathy from others. She also suggested I try wearing a patch over one eye.

Dr. Walker and Dr. Whitfield (plastic surgeon) were both here today. I will be going home on Monday. Hopefully the Easter Bunny knows where to find me.

Talk to you all soon.
Love,
Sandy

6 comments:

k&d said...

Hi Sandy, What good news and I am sure the Easter Bunny will find you and have something very special waiting for you. If the Easter Bunny goofs up I think your friends and family will make up for it. Keep getting stronger and keep your sense of humor. Karen

Nancy & Jim Szymczak said...

Happy Easter Sandy, We are so glad that you survived the "recall" and the new and improved you will be better than ever. You ae one strong person!
Love Nancy and Jim
P.S.Flossing is optional for the next week or so.

Linda and Rich said...

Great news, Sandy. Hope today is even better, and we look forward to news of your release on Monday. Keep up that great attitude and sense of humor -- you're sure making all of us feel better -- so hope it's doing the same for you!
Love, Linda and Rich

Aunt Joan said...

Hi Sandy and Matt,
I'm sure the Easter Bunny was good to Olivia and Carina. Doesn't it feel good to get those tubes out, Sandy? And getting home to "Tosa" (I'm so with it) will be wonderful. Just sit back, relax, boss people around...and keep on laughing.
Love you guys,
AJ

Unknown said...

Fantastic! We're sure the Easter Bunny has some special treats in mind for you. It will be great for you to get home! No housework for you...maybe the Easter Bunny will take care of that.

Love,
Howie, Deb, and Eric

4holmes said...

Hey Sandy, You'll be bringing sexy back in no time! Take each day one at a time. We love you! Mark, Jenny, Lisa and Nick