Wednesday, March 28, 2007

A New Pair of Shoes Would be Nice....



Ladies of all ages love shoes. Carina doesn't miss an opportunity to clunk around in a pair of someone else's shoes, especially mine. I'm thinking I might need to buy a new pair early next week to ease my nerves.

Not much new news on our end. We met with the plastic surgeon's nurse on Tuesday. It seems that the entire process to 100% recovery will take almost a year from now (at least as far as any upper body exercise). Not quite what we had planned, but I guess a year isn't that bad. I'm going to need to get over my gym addiction cold turkey. I suppose the perscription pain killers will help that.

If anyone is interested, Pam Roble (AKA Aunt Pam) will be the team captain for a walk on May 5th, Making Strides Against Breast Cancer along the lakefront. It starts at 10am and Pam is naming the team "Sandy's Striders". If you are interested in walking with us, please e-mail Pam in the next week or so at nursepam@aol.com with "breast cancer walk" in subject line.

As usual, thank you all so much for your support!!

Hugs,
Sandy

9 comments:

becky & dennis said...

Those little girls crack me up! What a joy they are! A pair of new shoes for their mom would be nice--perhaps two pair would be even better. Your courage & optimism are amazing. Love & hugs-
Becky

Unknown said...

Do we get team shirts?!? Steph and I will be there for the walk. Happy shoe shopping next week, and let me know if you need some coaching on the couch potato thing. I'm an old pro at avoiding the gym :) Love ya,

Nate

Aunt Joan said...

Dear Sandy and Matt,
I will be at the May 5th walk with bells on!! Patsy tells me you're planning to have some fun with the girls the day before D-Day. Good idea! And please know that everyone here will hold you in our hearts on Thursday.
Love, AJ

k&d said...

rosie1You do remember that I work part time in a shoe store. If you need help let me know, I am good at giving advice. Ask my daughters. I was at Kathryns for 2 days and Lucy (age 2) had 4 different pairs of shoes on by 8:00 am and none of them were hers. My friend went through the same thing you are and it take a good year from start to finish. One of the discussions at bridge was the size she wanted her boobs to be. Believe it or not that was a fun evening. She is the only 60 something with perky breasts. Cry when you need to and smile the rest of the time. Love all of you karen

Liz said...

I say why stop at one pair of shoes, make it two or three if you want and then go for some delicious frozen custard and when that's all gone, go get a pedicure and finally, end the day with a nice glass/bottle of wine.

We love you guys and are constantly thinking and praying for you.

Scott, Liz & Isabella

Mom and Steve said...

Everyone is right-the more shoes the better! You need to do some serious shopping to catch up to Ymelda Marcos! Nate's comment about team shirts for the walk is good! We'll be there! A week from today you'll be on the road to recovery! Lots of love, Mom & Steve

Nancy & John said...

What a great idea to have a "hat" party! Maybe we should throw you a shoe party too. Your girls are so adorable - I'm sure they are keeping you pre-occupied. Sarah and I (and perhaps John) are planning on walking in the breast cancer walk on May 5th. But whatever else we can do for you please let us know. You're still in our prayers...
Much Love, John and Nancy

Linda and Rich said...

Dear Sandy and Matt,

Sending you all good wishes and our prayers for Thursday. You have everything going for you, especially your positive outlook. (And that strength training at the gym can't hurt either.) Before you know it, this part will be behind you and you'll be clicking off the months 'til you can resume your gym addiction. Love to the girls, too, who are more precious in every picture. Granny Franny was very excited to see the pictures.
Lots of love, and know we're "with you" from a distance,
Linda and Rich

Mike Burica said...

Sandy,
This blog is a great way to keep all your friends up to date on your progress. Jason was kind enough to share it with us.

I have to say THANKS for the order on Oshkosk! Don't worry we won't let you down.

Also, please know all of your AIG friends will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

Take care and all the best to you and your family,

Mike